Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Four Circles Hell & 19th Wife review

I hate my book. I hate it! I worry about it constantly..should Jack's story be first, should it be the short version or the longer version with Trista's back story? Should I start with Marsha, as I originally intended? Should all of the characters be introduced before going into what the Four Circles is? Is the chapter explaining the Four Circles too much of an information dump? What even happens at the end of the book because it's been so long since I've read it to the end I'm not sure I know.

I would quit, I'm telling you I would, but my big mouth is stopping me - which is good, I guess. People ask, e-mail, or call me about the book about five times a day - more than they ask me about the kids. Which means I can't quit but I still hate it. Though it's a good book, I just feel like someone else should have written it at this point.

The 19th Wife - David Ebershoff

First off, I marvel at David's ability to write in completely different voices depending on the chapter. His chapter's in Jordan's voice (if you see the review below you will catch up) were excellent but all of the following chapters were also engaging.

I loved this book, though it was a slightly long in certain parts but always informative and well written.
If you are a fan of historical fiction this book is well worth the money so I suggest you check it out and, if you love it as much as I did, recommend it to five friends!!

1 comment:

  1. No one said it would be easy!
    and to use another cliche: A writer writes - always! (throw momma from the train).
    Write on! Enjoyed yr. read last nite.

    ReplyDelete