Monday, March 1, 2010

Randy Susan Meyers

Yesterday my mother-in-law and I went to Randy Susan Meyers' reading from her debut novel, The Murderer's Daughters. I'd never been to a reading before and, for a writer, it was a great experience. Randy was extremely approachable, sharp and witty
I found her story inspiring. Before settling into writing full-time Randy was a bartender, social worker and battered-men's counselor. She is passionate and eloquent about her writing and about the entire process she navigated in order to get her novel published.
The Murderer's Daughters is about a man who kills his wife and stabs one of his daughters. It's written from the daughters point of view and takes the reader through the girl's childhood to maturity. I'm only on page 45 (since 5:40 this morning) and am totally hooked. I'll post a real review later but am certain it's going to be good.
I encourage all (ten, twenty?) of my readers to pick up a copy AND to check out her blog. Single women will benefit greatly from her most recent post on 'Why not to date a bad boy'. Check it out.
Seriously.
Now.
http://www.randysusanmeyers.com/blog/
Buy the book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment